Re: /run/, resolvconf and read-only root

* Emile van Bergen

| On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:29:16AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > * Thomas Hood
| >
| > | If existing behaviour is preserved, then sysadmins shouldn't
| > | be offended.
| >
| > Sure they can be, having yet another top-level directory.  It's
| > messy.
|
| It's an elegant solution, and far less messy than packages messing with
| configuration files in /etc.

You are solving, from my point-of-view, a non-problem.  And you are
doing that by creating another directory in every installation of
Debian, not just those which need /run.

| It's either one of those two, or specifying that /var cannot be network
| mounted unless it's already mounted when init is started, because it's
| on the NFS-root FS.

I don't see the problem with this solution.  Use linuxrc and initrd
and mount /var in linuxrc.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-