Re: /run/, resolvconf and read-only root

Hi,

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:29:16AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> * Thomas Hood
>
> | If existing behaviour is preserved, then sysadmins shouldn't
> | be offended.
>
> Sure they can be, having yet another top-level directory.  It's
> messy.

It's an elegant solution, and far less messy than packages messing with
configuration files in /etc.

It's either one of those two, or specifying that /var cannot be network
mounted unless it's already mounted when init is started, because it's
on the NFS-root FS.

There is simply no other solution for low-level networking needing
writable space on the filesystem than these three. Unless you see one,
in that case, by all means, enlighten me.

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies - Emile van Bergen           emile@e-advies.nl