Re: RFC: Upstream author renamed his software

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 06:18:26PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > >  Use apropiate Conflics, Provides, Replaces fields in control file. See,
> > >  for example, gnome-system-tools package.
>
> > I did this in a much more roundabout way (as described in my other message
> > in this thread.) for some reason but right now in my sleep-addled state, I
> > can't remember why.
>
> Conflicts/Replaces/Provides doesn't make packages upgrade automatically
> with "apt-get dist-upgrade".
>

> I have thought iiwusynth (fluidsynth) is a library package, so it won't matter
> very much, but I haven't been closely watching it, so I might be
> outdated or wrong or both.

Well, it actually is a binary package (iiwusynth) + library package
(libiiwusynth1) + dev package (libiiwusynth-dev).

So people could feel lost. Especially those who write applications / maintain
packages depending on libiiwusynth1.

Please CC me on reply.

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT