Re: [desktop] Improving "user-friendly" in some console applications

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Jean-Michel Kelbert wrote:
> For exemple, on Mandrake less permit him to show html, tar.gz... not
> on Debian.

This is done by setting the LESSOPEN and/or LESSCLOSE env. variables.

Read /usr/share/doc/less/LESSOPEN for information on how to set this up.

As far as making it the default, Thomas has (apparently) decided not
to, and I agree. I routinely use less to look at raw gzip files and
other odd files, and I suppose others do also.

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -- Jules Bean

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu