Re: [wishlist] Add more icons, themes, style to the Xfce (Wheezy)?

On lun., 2012-11-19 at 22:30 +0100, daniel curtis wrote:
> I hope I chose the right mailing list. I am writing because I have
> a few questions, and maybe even wishes. It is about the Xfce
> desktop environment available on Debian Wheezy. I would like to
> ask, if there is possibility to add e.g. a Greybird theme, which is
> available in, for example, Xubuntu? [1]

Greybird is on murrine-themes package.

> In my opinion, default icons, themes in Wheezy are... hmm poor? No,
> please no offend. I just did not found another word to describe it.
> It would be nice to add e.g. Greybird theme, styles, more icons, instead of
> classical GNOME, Tango or HighContrast icons. There is a very nice
> icons type called; elementary Xfce or elementary Xfce dark etc. [1]

All of them are available in various Debian packages.

> "Joy" theme is really cool, but I think that Debian would look more interesting
> and will be more possibilities to adapt appearance to users preferences.

The default theme is mainly about wallpaper and stuff like that. Other
than that, we don't divert from upstream for the default desktop, but
everyone is free to customize its desktop like she wants.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis