Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy
- To: Paul Tagliamonte <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy
- From: Michael Below <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:16:28 +0200
- Message-id: <1340381788.26469.10.camel@ossietzky>
- In-reply-to: <20120622143717.GA6567@chayot>
- References: <1340375710.7131.42.camel@ossietzky> <20120622143717.GA6567@chayot>
Am Freitag, den 22.06.2012, 10:37 -0400 schrieb Paul Tagliamonte:
> I've talked with the author just before this email, and I have him
> control. He noted that it was not as well recieved as some of the other
> themes, so the ink-splat in unlikely to be default.
> It was just the one I (personally) liked the most, but as it stands,
> it's unlikey to be that way for release.
> See? I'm not so crazy :)
Glad to hear it :-)
Seriously, I didn't think you are crazy -- I think it's a good thing
that you took charge at this point, but I think it is not so good for
the Debian desktop effort that you had to do it. If one looks at OS X,
Windows 8 or whatever, design is a major part of their effort, and
that's for a reason. The first impression counts for a lot.
Michael Below <firstname.lastname@example.org>