Re: New artwork proposal for Wheezy

Hi Ulrich,

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 09:06:53 +0100
Ulrich Hansen <uhansen@debianart.org> wrote:

> Dear Debian developers and users, dear fellow artists,
>
> there is a new theme proposal for Debian GNU/Linux 7 "Wheezy".
> I have called it "The Journey". You find it at:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/journey
>
> I hope you like it.

it's great you submitting a proposal again.
I am a big fan of your work, since you obviously don't throw something
random on the table, but put real actual work (beyond designing)
into it.

I love the details in the wallpaper and there are definitely great
creative ideas, for example the way you describe "Debian GNU Linux 7
stable".
Your wallpaper obviously is very detailed and contains a lot of
elements. This might be a problem on the KDE desktop though, since it
distracts the users, when having a lot of widgets. In Gnome 3 this is
fine, since the desktop is plain by default, so having your
wallpaper there gives it something exciting.
The simple background of GDM/KDM/Ksplash,GRUB/{sys,iso}linux and
installer banner are absolutely perfect.

I can't imagine better artwork for the cd and it's cover, too. The text
is placed just perfectly. Thanks for designing these, I know how much
time it takes to design those.
You always come with a full set and I think people should appreciate
this a lot.
(One little advice: Put the "We will make the best system we can." in
quotes or make the Debian social Contract non-italic and smaller)

Even if I am actually a fan of minimal designs, I'd be proud if your
proposal gets elected, since it is very professionally done and would
be a great way to present debian in public.

Best regards

Eshat

--
eshat cakar