Re: Artwork to Debian Squeeze

On 2010-06-03, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:
> Before editing the wiki to show what's needed, let's do it here. What do
> we want for Squeeze artwork.
>
> * wallpaper (all DE);
> * splash screen (GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE?, GNUStep?, =E2=80=A6);
> * d-i (hoping we're not too late this time);
> * website banner;
> * boot screen (grub-pc, maybe {ext,sys}linux, plymouth/usplash?);
> * toolkit theme (GTK+/Qt) (not sure);
> * icon theme (GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE, GNUStep?) (hard to do, a lot of
> icons are required and it needs a lot of work to have a nice looking,
> consistent icon theme);
> * window manager theme (harder since all wm have different themes);
>
> My pov is the first two are mandatory, and then it's a decreasing order
> of priority. In some cases, it's not enough to have an artwork to create

Note that 'wallpaper' changed in kde without doing it with the mouse or
patching the code isn't really possible, so what we have been done for
lenny cannot be done.

I really like the waay it is in lenny where you can just purge
desktop-base and then get a unthemed KDE.

So I guess I'm saying that we won't change the wallpaper in KDE.

Didn't you btw miss display manager theme ?

I btw really like the kde as presented by upstream.

/Ssune