Re: Programs I miss in kde-desktop task

On 2007-03-14, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Enrique Mat=EDas S=E1nchez (Quique) wrote:
>> However, I think the kde-desktop task should also include:
>>    adept - package management suite for KDE
>
> Currently kpackage is included. I don't want to include two, and my
> impression is that adept is not as mature yet.

kpackage kind of sucks in my opinion, but so does adept. I don't know
what sucks less. kpackage is shipped officially by kde, but haven't been
touched for a long time.
Maybe adept is best.

>>    konversation - user friendly Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client for KDE
>
> kdenetwork already includes kopete.

And kdenetwork also includes ksirc.

But of those 3 irc clients, I would chose konversation myself. kopete is
good for many other things, but personally I don't like kopete for irc.

>>    kaffeine - versatile media player for KDE
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/385650

The media players noatun and kaboodle aren't very nice. Noatun is
revived for kde4 and will probably be a bit more usable.

If such a 'nice wanted' list could be published 6-7 months before lenny,
it would  be really nice - then we could all adapt/adopt it.

But at least on the media player issue, I thing I agree.

Lenny hopefully goes kde4 (maybe 4.2 or something) - so it will all need
a nice extra review.

/Sune