Re: desktop-base status (Was: gdm theme changes!)

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> To recall. Problem with /etc/xdg Xfce config is that derivative wich
> would want to override those settings will have to overwrite those
> files, which is not a really good idea.
>
> Maybe those file could be generated at install time or something, I
> don't really know.

 ISTR I suggested you take a look at update-gconf-defaults, which does
 precisely this: merge defaults provided by individual packages into a
 defaults GConf source which is at the right place in the default GConf
 path (/etc/gconf/2/path).

 To adhere to the FHS, the defaults are below /usr/share/gconf/defaults,
 and the db under /var/lib/gconf.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>