Re: desktop-base status (Was: gdm theme changes!)

On mer, 2006-11-08 at 21:31 +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> - no XFCE integration: I recall discussing this shortly with
>    Yves-Alexis Perez who first suggested using the /etc XFCE config
>    file, but then said this might not be a good idea (I agree it's not
>    good idea); I don't have any solution at this time.  Same remark as
>    for KDE, it would be nice if there was some system to hook
> overrides
>    (defaults or mandatory settings).

To recall. Problem with /etc/xdg Xfce config is that derivative wich
would want to override those settings will have to overwrite those
files, which is not a really good idea.

Maybe those file could be generated at install time or something, I
don't really know.
--
Yves-Alexis