Re: fbsplash: introducing fbplash in debian (howto)

Bluefuture wrote:
In the meantime fbsplash will be officially introduced in debian, and
the debian kernel maintainers introduce fbsplash patch in the official
debian patch applied to the kernel i had founded this little howto for
people that want to have bootsplash on his own debian:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/html/articles/debian-splash-nonprint.htm

Cheers,
Ste

I have some experence with bootsplash (I was the original packager for debian). It seems you are doing some things the hard way. Like your kernel compile. Try this:

apt-get install kernel-package
man make-kpkg

It can make a deb of a kernel for you, also you can make a package to hold the kernel patches. See kernel-patch-bootspash on bootsplash.de for an example. Also im not sure how the progress bar works in fbsplash, but you may want to check the sysv-rc-bootsplash package to see how we did it in the bootsplash packages.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com