Re: fbsplash: introducing fbplash in debian (howto)

Easier [1], this is an interactive script that asks a few questions
about building your kernel with make-kpkg. All you need to do is:

1. get and unpack your source kernel from your favorite source
(kernel.org is what i use)
2. cd into the source directory for your unpacked kernel and run the
script: fakeroot make-kpkg.sh
3. finally, answer the next 4 questions with "y" or "n"

Note, of course the initrd question is a YES for everybody who wants
to use fbsplash, so that's one less answer.

You can get the latest revision of this script from:

[1] http://www.latinomixed.com/downloads/make-kpkg.sh.gz

I'm in the process of making deb's for those who want them and I'll
put them in the usual "debian-embelisher" directory:

http://www.latinomixed.com/downloads/debian-embelisher

Make sure you read the Changelog if you care to know about how the
kernel was compiled (and the rest of the binaries).

I have also created a Debian-Mist gdm-theme (with and without face
browser). For those who like to keep things consistent. I'll do a Grub
theme a bit later. Look under "gdm-themes" in the debian-embelisher
directory.

(There is a README available in Spanish for those non-English speakers
who want to emblish debian)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:33:30 -0500, Matthew A. Nicholson
<matt@matt-land.com> wrote:
> Bluefuture wrote:
<snip>
> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/html/articles/debian-splash-nonprint.htm

<snip>

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html