Re: pmount vs updfstab

Am Sunday 10 October 2004 16:53 schrieb Martin Pitt:

> But I will not put that into Sarge because it is too late for these
> changes, and I don't see a point in having pmount without anything
> using it.

Thought the point to put something in was to let others use it easily, without
backporting etc., why holding anything back if it is considered usable and
usefull? Even if it won't be used by default in standard debian in the next
couple of years until sarge+1 release users or CDDs that base their
installations on stable might still want to be able to use it. If testing is
frozen it wouldn't really hurt having it in sid, or would it?

Regards,
Christian