Re: packaging control field Uploaders

On 9/26/21 19:28, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
(SNIP)

Due to an off list discussion I must amend my recommendation.

Upstream projects use standard CONTRIBUTORS files, Debian uses tooling that relies on the control file fields.  Changing to standard upstream practices would cause much of the Debian tooling to need to be rewritten, so the suggestions about fields from people like Paul, are the accurate answer for Debian, as there is no software to handle reading a CONTRIBUTORS file in the same way the control file is read.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers a bit with my comments.  I meant no disrespect to the Debian way of doing things. I thought it was an open question to solve that *entire* issue long term, not the specific "How do I do this?" question that it was, I read it differently than it was intended.

--
😷