Re: Debian derivatives census: PureOS: welcome!

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> PureOS deliberately avoids contrib and non-free sections, because it
> aims at getting endorsed by FSF: https://puri.sm/learn/freedom-roadmap/
>
> Should I ignore above warning, or is it better I list contrib and
> non-free even though those are empty dummies for PureOS?

Listing them is going to cause warnings/errors from apt because they
are not present in the Components fields of the release file.

$ curl -s http://repo.pureos.net/pureos/dists/green/Release | grep ^Comp
Components: main

I would suggest removing these files and their parent directories though:

$ curl -s http://repo.pureos.net/pureos/dists/{landing,green}/Release

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise