Debian derivatives census: TurnKey Linux: welcome!

Hi

I would like to welcome yourself and TurnKey Linux to the Debian
derivatives census! Would you like to take this opportunity to introduce
yourself and TurnKey to us all?

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/TurnKeyLinux

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

http://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from there
may apply to TurnKey.

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the TurnKey census page, I've
made a few changes:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/TurnKeyLinux?action=info

Please add a description to the TurnKey census page.

I notice that your apt repository does not contain source packages. This
means that you may not be complying with various Free Software licenses
(including the GNU General Public License) and thus may be distributing
some packages without permission and violating copyright law.

The TurnKey census page says you modify Debian binary packages, is that
actually the case or do you mean that you modify Debian source packages
and rebuild them?

I've added the TurnKey blog to Planet Debian derivatives which helps
the Debian community find out the things that are happening in the world
of Debian derivatives.

http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

This year the annual Debian conference is in Portland, OR, USA. It would
be great if developers from TurnKey could attend DebConf.

http://debconf14.debconf.org/

I would encourage TurnKey as a commercial distribution to contribute
financially to ensure the continued survival of Debian and the success
of the annual Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
http://debconf.org/sponsors/
http://debconf14.debconf.org/become-sponsor.xhtml

If you are not able to do so I would encourage any attendees to
volunteer to ensure the continued the success of the annual Debian
conference, here are some examples of things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination

I note that TurnKey is based on Debian stable. The Debian release
team recently released a timeline for the freeze for the next Debian
stable release. I would encourage you to review it and prepare your
plans for rebasing on the next Debian release (jessie).

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/12/msg00008.html

I note that TurnKey also has lenny and squeeze in the apt repository.
The Debian security team recently announced an LTS effort for squeeze. I
would encourage TurnKey to help out with this effort either financially
or with developer time. I would encourage you to drop lenny support too.

http://bits.debian.org/2014/03/working-on-squeeze-lts.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2014/msg00082.html

I note that TurnKey runs on the cloud, I would encourage you to
join the Debian Cloud team.

https://wiki.debian.org/Cloud

I note that TurnKey uses duplicity, I would encourage you to help out
the maintainer of the Debian package with the various issues listed in
the bug tracking system and on the PTS page for duplicity.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/duplicity.html

Please feel free to circulate this mail to other TurnKey folks.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise