Debian Derivative: Rescatux

  Hi all,

I'm the main Rescatux developer which I believe to be a Debian Derivative. I've been subscribed to this mailing list for a while but I haven't had time to send any message, so here I am.

  I think I discovered Debian Derivatives from a Debconf video.

I am going to write about Rescatux just in case you want to add it to the Census (based on aptosid wiki page).

Rescatux - Census - Begin

## Please keep any lines that do not apply to your distro and set them to blank.
## Please keep the resulting page in sync with Derivatives/CensusTemplate
## When modifying the page please replace the date at the bottom
## with @``TIME@ (without the two quote marks)

== rescatux ==

{{http://www.supergrubdisk.org/images/rescatux_logo.png}}

Rescatux is a GNU/Linux and Windows rescue cd but it is not like other rescue disks. Rescatux comes with Rescapp. Rescapp is a nice wizard that will guide you through your rescue tasks.

Rescatux core is based in Debian stable with some added packages and custom scripts. Super Grub2 Disk integration is based on Debian Unstable.

 * Homepage: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/
 * Blog: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
 * Microblog: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/category/news/news-rescatux/
 * Corporate sponsor:
 * Government sponsor:
 * user IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/rescatux
 * devel IRC:
 * Debian IRC:
 * devel list:
 * Debian list:
 * user forums:
 * devel forum:
 * Debian forum:
 * Forum: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/forum/
 * wiki: http://rescatux.berlios.de/wiki/
 * Manual: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wizard/
 * Debian derivatives census maintainer: NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT HERE
 * Debian derivatives census page: [[Derivatives/Census/Rescatux]]
 * Debian page:
 * Distrowatch page: http://distrowatch.com/rescatux
 * Distribution type: live image
* Debian derivative model: uses Debian binary packages and adds/modifies some third repositories packages. Some packages are manually patched. * Based on: Debian stable for core image and Debian unstable for Super Grub2 Disk integration
 * VCS repository: http://developer.berlios.de/git/?group_id=11211
* Bug tracker: https://forja.cenatic.es/tracker/?atid=931&group_id=205&func=browse
 * Forwarded bugs:
 * Architectures: amd64 i386
 * Patches repo:
 * Docs about Rescatux for Debian developers:
 * Docs about Debian for Rescatux developers:
 * Rescatux glossary:
 * Package comparison: A packages file is available in download
 * Popcon information:
* QA information: http://rescatux.berlios.de/wiki/Main_Page#Frequently_Asked_Questions_.28FAQ.29
 * lintian information:
 * piuparts information:
 * static analysis information:
 * list of developers:
 * developer blogs:
 * developer microblogs:
 * developer info:
 * derivatives info:
* mirrors: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/category/download/rescatuxdownloads/rescatux-stable/
 * apt repositories:

Last updated <<DateTime(2013-12-28T17:50:00)>>

Rescatux - Census - End

I will, for sure, try to apply some of the Re-branding pointed out in: https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines . If it's not easy to do via Debian Live project I will also try to improve Debian Live itself.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/