Re: Debian Derivative: Rescatux

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM, adrian15 wrote:

>   I'm the main Rescatux developer which I believe to be a Debian Derivative.
> I've been subscribed to this mailing list for a while but I haven't had time
> to send any message, so here I am.

Welcome to the list :)

>   I think I discovered Debian Derivatives from a Debconf video.

Cool :)

>   I am going to write about Rescatux just in case you want to add it to the
> Census (based on aptosid wiki page).

It is up to the people involved in the derivatives to join the census.
Debian will invite derivatives to join but not add them directly.

Assuming that you are involved in the Rescatux project, I would
encourage you to register an account on the wiki, login and enter
'Rescatux' (without quotes) in the form and press 'Add a new
derivative'. That will use the latest CensusTemplate page and put a
Rescatux page in the right place.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

> Rescatux comes with Rescapp. Rescapp is a nice wizard that
> will guide you through your rescue tasks.

That sounds like a useful tool, have you considered adding it to Debian?

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

>  * Microblog: http://www.supergrubdisk.org/category/news/news-rescatux/

Microblog is meant for things like twitter/identica pages.

>  * Debian derivatives census maintainer: NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT HERE

That would be the name, email address and IRC nick of the person from
Rescatux who is willing to create and maintain a census page and also
be a point of contact for Debian folks.

>  * Package comparison: A packages file is available in download

This is for a page like this:

http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/mdt/all.html

>  * QA information:
> http://rescatux.berlios.de/wiki/Main_Page#Frequently_Asked_Questions_.28FAQ.29

In this context QA means quality assurance not questions & answers.

>  * apt repositories:

It would be great if you could fill this one in if you add a page to the wiki.

>   I will, for sure, try to apply some of the Re-branding pointed out in:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines . If it's not easy to do via
> Debian Live project I will also try to improve Debian Live itself.

Great. If you have any other feedback on the guidelines or additional
tweaks that need to happen, we would love to hear about them.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise