Re: Debian derivatives census: Symbiosis

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 10:49 +0000, Patrick J Cherry wrote:

> Indeed.  The system that I've (partly) adopted is
> http://debathena.mit.edu/config-packages/ which automatically allows
> sed/perl recipes to be applied against configuration files, and restores
> those changes on uninstall.

Hmm I see, you might want to look at Config::Model and augeas, I think
those would be more robust, useful and appropriate than sed/perl.

> That page doesn't really explain how native Debian packages
> are supposed to be treated either.

In general most packages being uploaded to Debian should not be native
packages, certainly ruby packages should not be native packages; native
packages are things like dpkg/apt.

--
bye,
pabs