Re: Debian derivatives census: Symbiosis

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 10:21 +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:

>   [Steve is now an ex-Debian Developer, so we'd need our packages to be
>  sponsored.  Or we'd need to find a willing Bytemark victim to become
>  a developer.]

Emeritus procedures are quite simple, so you could return easily:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/developer-duties.html#returning

Of course, finding more folks from Bytemark willing to become Debian
members would be useful too.

>   There's only one Bytemark-specific piece of code, which is the package
>  responsible for building and uploading DNS data to tie in with our
>  tinydns-based nameservers.

I guess it would be possible to make that a plugin of a more generic DNS
uploading infrastructure. I also wonder if any of the "cloud" stuff has
APIs for that sort of thing.

>   I expect the other packages would probably not have any specific concerns
>  now that we're doing things cleanly with diversions, but of course having
>  an experienced Debian developer sanity check our work would be useful
>  regardless of whether we were uploading to sid or not.

I expect you would be able to get a good review by posting to the
debian-mentors mailing list.

--
bye,
pabs