Re: Derivatives branding (WAS: Re: Meeting minutes for 2011-10-23 UTC (Inaugural meeting))

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:23:33 -0400
Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 03:37:50PM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > While i think usertags are a good idea (expecially for the nitty
> > gritty), they don't allow us to put things like the guidelines above
> > in a central place when working on the debranding. My fear is that
> > useful reference material is lost in mail threads.
>
> I'm not sure I understand your concern. The guidelines are already in
> a central place, the wiki. The usertags will be used to track
> progress. It seems to me that by using the appropriate tool for any
> specific need everybody wins. What am I missing?

Perhaps I'm the one missing something. To me, the intro section [1] of
the guidelines page makes it sound like the page is to help
*derivatives* do the right thing by *debian". In my mind this change of
handling of branding is something *debian* is doing for *derivatives*.
As such, the guidelines page feels like the wrong place for it.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Intro
thanks,
kk

--