Re: Derivatives branding (WAS: Re: Meeting minutes for 2011-10-23 UTC (Inaugural meeting))

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:30:08 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Karl Goetz wrote:
>
> > If there are any existing references it would be good to collect
> > them together (somewhere).
>
> Probably zack is thinking of this:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

ok

> > The first active step perhaps. I'm still wondering how it should be
> > organised and tracked. Is there a process in debian we should use?
> > (something like the release goals or deps?). If not, I might create
> > a sub page for [[Derivatives/Projects]] and start collecting ideas
> > there.
>
> How about some bugs usertagged with user
> debian-derivatives@lists.debian.org and tags goal-debrand?
>
> About usertags, we could also ask derivatives to usertag their bugs
> with user debian-derivatives@lists.debian.org and derivative-ubuntu
> (etc).

While i think usertags are a good idea (expecially for the nitty
gritty), they don't allow us to put things like the guidelines above in
a central place when working on the debranding. My fear is that useful
reference material is lost in mail threads.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK7FOSS)