Re: Better notifications for sync requests

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:49:10AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:41:28PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> > The problem comes in that afaict, this doesn't mean that the source package is
> > actually available in the Debian archive yet, and I (think I) cannot do a
> > syncrequest in Ubuntu until it is.  However, I'll never get a notification
> > about its *actual* availability, so the above email just puts me in poll-mode.
> > That's not ideal, especially because I don't really know how long I will have
> > to poll, or at what interval, etc.
>
> Here at DebConf11 I'm aware that Enrico Zini (Cc:-ed) has worked on
> setting up RSS-based notifications of what gets in the archive. I'm not
> sure the timing of that is good enough for you, but it seems worth
> having a look. Enrico, do you mind pointing us to the stuff you
> developed?

The prototype is at: http://dde.debian.net/debchanges/
There's an RSS feed for each Packages or Sources file in the archive,
and aggregated feeds as you go up the directory tree.

Each feed contains a summary of the changes (new packages, upgraded
packages, removed packages) in an HTML table, and a description_json
with the same information encoded in JSON for ease of parsing.

I'd like to gather some feedback about it before announcing it properly:
if you're having a look, please let me know what you think.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>