Re: Better notifications for sync requests

[ Executive summary for the added Cc: Barry gets notifications of fixed
  bugs, but that is not enough to know if the bug fix is *in the
  archive* already. Knowing the latter would help him in his derivative
  workflow. Original thread is at
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2011/07/msg00040.html ]

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:41:28PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> The problem comes in that afaict, this doesn't mean that the source package is
> actually available in the Debian archive yet, and I (think I) cannot do a
> syncrequest in Ubuntu until it is.  However, I'll never get a notification
> about its *actual* availability, so the above email just puts me in poll-mode.
> That's not ideal, especially because I don't really know how long I will have
> to poll, or at what interval, etc.

Here at DebConf11 I'm aware that Enrico Zini (Cc:-ed) has worked on
setting up RSS-based notifications of what gets in the archive. I'm not
sure the timing of that is good enough for you, but it seems worth
having a look. Enrico, do you mind pointing us to the stuff you
developed?

TIA,
Cheers.