Re: Getting NEW packages into Debian first

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:12:35 +0100
Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,

hi,

> While I think it makes perfect sense to get packages (that are not
> Ubuntu-specific) into Debian, I just want to make sure that we don't
> overwhelm Debian sponsors if we point that out as one of our preferred
> options.

Are there people in ubuntu who are debian devs and could
sponsor the packages? While its preferable for packages to find/make a
team to sit in it might help in the short term.

> What is your take on it?
>
> I'm sure our documentation will have to be updated, but if you could
> have a look at the snippet about Debian and give me your feedback, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages#NEW_packages_through_Debian

I'll be interested to read that page, thanks for the link.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au