Re: Introductions

On 06/23/2010 10:04 PM, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure who's on this list, as it's just getting started, so maybe
>> folks could introduce themselves?
>
> good idea. I am a DD for more than 10 years and I am currently active
> in the Java packaging team and Debian's FTP team.

I am active in Debian Med and associated brands that have quite some
interest in getting the software used across distributions to tackle
biomedical research problems. My major concern is to avoid redundancy
in packaging and as such help freeing resources towards sharing
scientific workflows on a higher level. In that sense, talking
about Ubuntu is boring to me, it is just too natural to have the
collaboration happen. My prime interest is in a knowledge transfer
within Debian also on the application level. As such I am primaritly
interested in tapping into the expertise of upstream and work at
getting them to join us as DMs directly. Secondly, I am preparing
for active communities sharing infrastructures in a cloud environment.

Many greetings

Steffen