Re: spam fighting and the bts

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:19:24AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Blars Blarson said:
> > 	Use DSBL to block mail.  Are we willing to do this?  Needs
> > help from debian-admin.

I checked this, of the 120 bugs with messages listed that hit the DSBL
check, only one was spam.

> Blitzed OPM[1] is a rather tiny open-proxy list, but a trusted source for
> many mailservers. Most of the email admins consider a reject based of its
> data as save. They also provide AXFR/IXFR to others.
> Perhaps something to consider?

Blitzed has the problems of being tiny and specialized.  I was set up
for use by IRC servers, so doesn't include things like open relays.
If it doesn't catch a significant portion of the spam, it wouldn't be
worth doing.

I wouldn't want to use it for blocking mail without doing a similar
check.  Adding another remote DNS query for is what we want to avoid
at the moment.

With the disabled checks, spamscan seems to be just barly keeping up.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html