Re: arch lists with 'all' and machine architectures

Hallo Goswin,

am Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:42:35AM +0100 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> It should still be tried. For the future it might be good to sort out
> the all packages that can be build everywhere and those that require a
> certain host. Till then the best you can do is try and fail.

I'd say the heuristic is that unless it is any or all it will need one of the
other architectures to properly build the all package because it's already
arch-specific.  That there are certain cases which even require arch-affinity
of packages with just all in the line is known and that will require hinting.
(sparc firmware only buildable on sparc comes to mind.)

I don't think we will hint the case you state, though.  Unless building
breaks on one of those.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager