arch lists with 'all' and machine architectures

Hi;

I've been building the squeeze archive for alpha with my own wanna-build and buildd machines. I'm a little new at this, but I've run across a few packages like this one, which fail like so:

Automatic build of lazarus_0.9.28.2-8 on nevrast by sbuild/alpha 98
Build started at 20100219-0250
Checking available source versions...
Fetching source files...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Need to get 16.4MB of source archives.
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main lazarus 0.9.28.2-8 (dsc) [1392B]
Get:2 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main lazarus 0.9.28.2-8 (tar) [16.4MB]
Get:3 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main lazarus 0.9.28.2-8 (diff) [17.2kB]
Fetched 16.4MB in 7s (2068kB/s)
Download complete and in download only mode
: alpha not in arch list: all i386 powerpc sparc amd64 armel -- skipping
Finished at 20100219-0250
Build needed 00:32:31, 0k disk space

That is, 'alpha' is not in the arch list, even though 'all' is.

My buildd's @sbuild_args includes '--arch-all'. Shouldn't this package have tried to build?

It's also not clear to me why a .dsc file would contain an Architecture list with 'all' as well as a list of machine architectures. Is it a reasonable thing to do? I didn't expect it.

Thanks,
Craig Prescott