Re: Doc packages (Was: Schedule to migrate to SVN repository)

at> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> To me, the <cdd>-doc need be build together with the core package
>> since it document a "picture" of the package and because of this
>> should be release with it.
>>
>> Looks not so dificult merge it in each package and I think is the
>> better thing to do. Possible, each maintainer can realize it in your
>> package and you, me and someothers do it in core package. What you think?
at> Well, you are right here in principle but this would require that we
at> relay on a certain text processing kit.  While I used debiandoc-sgml for
at> cdd-doc I have used linuxdoc sgml for med-doc and Mako mentioned XML.
at> While I'm more or less convinced to use some kind of XML (I have seen
at> a really good looking document at LinuxTag) I think we can not force
at> anybody to a certain toolkit.  I personally have no strict preferences
at> and my choices came out of historical reasons which are:

But this will be used to build the cdd-* packages. Not to built the
#CDD#-doc package. If the user need one documentation package he
should choose what he like to use.

cdd-doc can use sgml and med-doc, built using cdd-dev, latex. I don't
see any problem on it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116