Re: CDD Tool Proposal

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Enrico Zini wrote:

A single CDD Tool is definitly the way to go, I've been saying this for
years but no-one listens ;-)
Ups, where did you said this?

Ehi, Andreas, cool down...
I'm very cool - coming right now out of the snowstorm out there. ;-)

He's been suggesting it all the time, right from the start.  See here
for example: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/12/msg00004.html
Ah yes, I did not remembered this Knoppix stuff - it's related to my lack
of memory in my brain (aren't there som eextra GigaByte modules?).

I think the only reason we haven't had a look at FAI yet is because none
of us has any kind of experience with it (AFAIK).
The lack of experience (or rather the lack of time to get experience) is
also my problem, but from the first time I learned to know about FAI
(it was in Bordeaux 2001) I was amazed and I would really love to integrate
FAI in a reasonable way into CDD stuff.  My problem with the previous mail
was that it sounded if we could replace all what we did just by FAI.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de