Re: attemp to modularize

Am Mittwoch, 14. April 2004 01:24 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:

> > - menu handling
>
> We have a tool for creating KDE menus for groups of users, showing
> different programs in the K menu based on the group membership.  It is
> currently called kschoolmenu.  I suspect it could form the base for a
> generic tool to edit the menus of CDDs.  My current plan for the tool
> is to rename it (get rid of the school part, it is not school
> related), and upload it into Debian.  I'm not sure if it work in KDE 3
> (I believe it do), and would also like it to work with the generic
> menu framework in Debian instead of only KDE menus.  The source is in
> Skolelinux CVS, and the binaries for woody in this APT source:
>
>   deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local
>
> Any skilled KDE and/or Debian menu developer around?

Not KDE, but I do know the menu system by now.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200404/msg00935.html

and

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200404/msg00942.html

I haven't understood the KDE part in your program yet and it seems not to work
with KDE 3.1.5, but I believe by supplying menu-methods its possible to add
every structure one wants.

Perhaps with the .local-part this could be done wtih symlinks for different
user groups for all wms?

Btw. KDE is also working on that (they told me on CeBit) to add such features
to the kiosk mode ... (On the fly switching of K-Menu)

cu

Fabian