Re: dopewars do we need such a game in debian distribution?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Matthew K Poer wrote:
>  > That said, I can't say I have much respect for those who wrote,
>  > ported, package, or play this game. It's just dumb.
>
>  Yeay. Even more people who don't have much respect for me!
>
>  Seriously, has anyone expressing outrage about this game actually
>  played it? It's one of those silly games that you played on a
>  calculator in junior high or high school because it could be written
>  in under a thousand lines of code. I mean, nethack is *way* more
>  violent and traumatizing.

Oh yes, I played it in high school on my TI-83+. That was back when I
was a 14-year-old idiot with some pretty screwed up ambitions.

I've grown up since then. I'd say I'm a tea-totaller, now - but I
don't drink anything with caffeine.

By the way, I don't dislike the violence so much as the drug content.
Violence happens, and I of the thinking that violence is "human
nature." I consider drugs much more distasteful/inappropriate than
violence.

And maybe I went to far with the "no respect" bit - but I do
automatically draw some conclusions about a an adult who plays this
sort of game. I can't help it.

--
Matthew K Poer