Re: OT: U.S. Army veterans in Debian?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:02:22 +0100, RRPotratz wrote in message
<[🔎] 44204DBE.2050506@dustypenguin.com>:

> Oh oh, I think I hear an incoming!

..  ;o)  Google "Sissy Boy George, the Nepotist Warrior Ace Who Flew
So High 'n Far he Missed Vietnam and Instead Scored 152 Kills on Texan
Death Row Inmates And Now Fears His Own Medicine So Much he Appoints
Supreme Court Judges to Evade It."

> chouck@binghamton.edu wrote:
> > Tad;
> > Not a vet, but a supporter of the troops 'over there' and vets in
> > general.
> >
> > I hope EVERYONE here supports the troops even of they are against
> > the war. Just as one must hate the sin not the sinner.
> > The grunts are doing a job they are told to do, most did not choose
> > to go to Iraq and kill bad guys. They were ordered to.

..within limits:  Crying "War!!!" under the NATO Treaty Article 5, and
allowing the UK, Denmark, France et al into his war, Sissy Boy George
bound himself and the US, fully, to the full 4 Geneva Conventions of
Aug. 12'th 1949 and their 2 Protocols Additional of June 7th 1977.

..Israel joining in on the fun on Nov 21'st 2001 in time for Jenin 2002
and Sissy Boy George's "illegal combattant" spin on Gitmo etc, has
The SCO Group's spin look honorable, it really _is_ just a classic
pump-'n-dump case, even if it's been gutted at http://Groklaw.net,
it is _not_ an oil pillage scheme.  Yeah, pillage _is_ a war crime.

..general Kevin P. Byrnes, 4-Star TRADOC Commander was fired for
listening to advice on what combat proven sarges 'n GI's needs to
win these idiot wars without committing war crimes like genocide.
And yes, Sissy Boy George's regime spun it differently.

..details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
http://www.nato.int/docu/basictxt/treaty.htm
http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/CONVPRES?OpenView
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=4+star+general+fired

> > > Most of you can ignore this question.
> > >
> > > Do the ranks of Debian Developers include any U.S. Army
> > > veterans besides me?  Or would I be the sole
> > > representative of that class?

..depends, RNoAF and RNoN, and I was _shit_ lucky, "my" war
was _cancelled_, the Russians scrapped the Soviet Union.  :o)

> > > Assuming overwhelming unpopularity of the U.S. Army
> > > among Debianites, I suppose that this message invites
> > > ridicule, but that's okay.  The Army is probably tough
> > > enough to endure a little international fun on
> > > debian-curiosa.

..you have never had ski training up north in Norway?  ;o)

> > > However, I would be curious to learn of any other U.S. veterans in
> > > Debian, particularly Army veterans.  A Google search on "Debian
> > > Developer U.S. Army" turns up a conference or two where Debian
> > > Developers and U.S. Army veterans shared the same stage,
> > > but no references to both in the same person.  I can
> > > think of no better place to ask the question than here.
> > > Is the intersection of the two sets larger than the
> > > present writer only?

..pass, but I do know Debianising http://brlcad.org/ will be useful
to at least http://flightgear.org/ , as it would allow apt installs and
allow us taking advantage of some nice work done by the Army,
we're talking both 3D modelling of aircraft and scenery objects,
some of these are AI controlled.  We try to make it realistic.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: