Re: I want one of those!

On 8/21/06, Shawn McMahon <smcmahon@eiv.com> wrote:
Nonsense.  The only companies that have become huge because of their
websites are those for whom the website *IS* the product.  Bad websites
are annoying, but they're not what makes a company fail to grow.
In fact, wasting resources to make a killer website instead of a
killer product is a sure way to wind up with your only legacy being
a lot of nice entries on archive.org.

Question: is easyJet's product a website, or low-cost flights? If it's
the former, then I agree with you, if it's the latter, then, keeping
in mind their website is their largest sales vector, I'd disagree with
you.

There are a certain set of industries where the website is their main
sales outlet, yet not their main product. For these companies, a good,
and extremely usable, website is key.

Moof - works in a website-heavy industry where the product is not the web.