Re: Is your bible a program?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:53:58PM -0400, Hubert Chan said:

> Some people believe that those bits were meant to work around the faulty
> hardware that was around at that time.  (Of course, the hardware we have
> today is still faulty, though not necessarily in the same ways.)  And
> nobody agrees on what is the best compiler to use to translate the
> original source code.  Not to mention that the author has a strange
> coding style that causes uncertainty in the intended purpose of certain
> functions.  There have also been a number of additions that some claim
> to be a patch for the software, but some believe are subroutines that
> corrupt the execution of the software.

However, since over a billion people use this program, those of us who
choose to write or use different programs should not completely dismiss
the idea that we can learn from it.

--
Shawn McMahon      | We have every right to dream heroic dreams.  Those
EIV Consulting     | who say that we're in a time when there are no