Re: Is your bible a program?

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, David N. Welton wrote:
>> So the Inquisition was a bug caused in the execution of the bible? I
>> think some of the instruction set, like not wearing mixed fibers, is
>> a bit odd, but then some people say that about x86 too.

Some people believe that those bits were meant to work around the faulty
hardware that was around at that time.  (Of course, the hardware we have
today is still faulty, though not necessarily in the same ways.)  And
nobody agrees on what is the best compiler to use to translate the
original source code.  Not to mention that the author has a strange
coding style that causes uncertainty in the intended purpose of certain
functions.  There have also been a number of additions that some claim
to be a patch for the software, but some believe are subroutines that
corrupt the execution of the software.

P.S. a related comic from my alma mater
http://www.gateway.ualberta.ca/view.php?aid=4313

--