Is your bible a program?

I've no clue what list this belongs on, but since it's marginally
entertaining, even if it's at Thomas's and my expense, -curiosa gets
to be subjected.

[Something about Debian not being a lumber company sniped.]

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, David N. Welton wrote:
> So the Inquisition was a bug caused in the execution of the bible? I
> think some of the instruction set, like not wearing mixed fibers, is
> a bit odd, but then some people say that about x86 too.

Well, we've been there before, albeit on a slightly different subject:

     On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
     > The KJV is not a program. But it is software. "Software" has a
     > different extension than "programs".

     An argument could even be made that the KJV is a program, only
     with a set of ruless governing people, rather than a set of rules
     governing a computer.

And no, I didn't need to invoke a Namshub to get there.

Don Armstrong

--
If you have the slightest bit of intellectual integrity you cannot
support the government. -- anonymous