Re: unhappy customer

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:03:35PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:09:10PM +0200, Moss wrote:
> > Huh?  I'm driving a (somewhat aged, by now ;-) Saab 900i, which has
> > the engine in front.  Same with the newer 9^3 and 9^5 models.  Do
> > they have completely different Saabs over there?
>
> The rear engined models are before the 900.  I think Saab 96 or
> something like that might have been one of them.  Not like that modern
> 900 you have. :)

No, the 96 was front engine / front wheel drive too, it was just
uglier :-) I think that was the engine which was based on the Triumph
Dolomite unit (which has led certain people to speculate on the
possibility of using a combination of Saab, Dolomite Sprint and
Triumph Stag parts to build a 32-valve turbocharged V8 for use in a
"Q-car").

Before that, they made some interesting two-strokes - also with front
engine / front wheel drive.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons