Re: burning smell

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> I have some spare psu bits (including fan) do you recon its worth
> replacing the fan? or just stick an alternative psu?

Well, in theory its a bad idea to open up a PSU, what with
the capacitors that can store lethal amounts of energy...

I've done it to replace a fan, did not shock myself, and the
unit runs better than it did before (higher quality fan I
suppose).

If the idea phases you at all, DON'T DO IT.

| Daniel Dent   ddent@ddent.net      If it ain't broke, tweak it! |
|             OMEGASPHERE DOMAIN REGISTRATION SERVICES            |
| 10 page website, email forwarding, URL forwarding, DNS, & more. |
| $10.95 USD/year.                    http://www.omegasphere.net/ |