Re: Boulder Pledge

Am Montag, 3. Februar 2003 13:38 schrieben Sie:

> Good Web browsers can ignore colors and such in the HTML.

Is there any? Not Mozilla, not Netscape, not Konqueror, not Opera...

> It doesn't necessarily need to remove tables and frames and images, just
> ignore truly offending stuff like <blink> and colors.

for me, it MUST ;) This is definitely a question of taste! In Mails, strictly
no frames, no tables and most importantly NO IMAGES. Have you ever been in a
bureau working with customers and your mail program popped up a SEX
commercial SPAM? Just accept that there are people who just do not want it.

> That doesn't make it an HTML problem. There are probably legitimate uses
> for specifying pixel sizes.

Has HTML any problems? _I_, as I said, talked about the USAGE of HTML, and
that IS a problem.

> > It is no problem to write HTML so that it looks okay everywhere, but the
> > reality shows _a lot_ of opposite examples.
>
> Most MUAs don't let users write raw HTML anyway, so we don't have this
> problem in email. So much the better, for the reasons you illustrate.

No, but as you should know, not all editors write proper HTML and writing
proper ASCII is definitely easier ;)

To repeat it, the problems stated are not Problems with HTML, but with the
_usage_ of HTML in E-Mails. This includes users and all of their stupid ideas
and programmers and their stupid ideas.

Thomas Ritter