Re: spam and debian-curiosa

On 2002-01-22 17:44 skrev Adam Olsen answered:

> It gets posts from non-members, that's why.
>
> Debian[0] won't accept any solution that involves censoring users.

I do appreciate this attidude, and I totally agree. Openness is very
important. But this is not censoring. Everybody is free to receive
messages from the list, but to post to it, they should have to register
an email address which has to be present in the "From:" field. After
all, those spammers have thousands of addresses they send mail to, and
most of them don't want to spend time registering on many mailing
lists. This single step would eliminate these spammers. Not to mention
we then know where the spam came from, so we know where to turn to if
someone tries something like that.

Mvh
Øyvind

| Fingerprint: EAE5 DCA0 0626 5DAA 72F8  0435 2E2B E476 AD19 826C   |
+============= Nostalgien er ikke hva den engang var. ==============+