Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:01:46AM -0500, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 01:55:55AM -0800, Alexander Hvostov said:
> >
> > Actually, I've done the best research possible on some of the issues
> > I've discussed, such as the aforementioned 'highschool philosophy' -- by
> > experiencing the subject matter firsthand.

> Or is this a reading-comprehension issue?

Yes, I think it is.

> I'll put this in simpler English for the research-impaired
> crowd:
>
> The texts that comprise the Bible never once say Mary was a
> virgin.  The King James (mis)translation does.  A bunch of
> Christian denominations based on that (mis)translation teach that
> she was.

Alexander said that he had experienced _some_ of the issues and
provided 'highschool philosophy' as an example.  The circumstances of
a Jewish carpenter's birth do not fall under 'highschool philosophy',
so he was not claiming to have been there.

> Figure it out.  Preferably somewhere else.

You're using mutt.  Try ctrl-D.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that