Into the kernel (was: Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages)

Vikki Roemer wrote:

[...snip...]

On a totally random note-- has anyone ever tried dissecting the kernel
and playing with it?  See, I can understand the C parts, for the most
part-- I'm pulling apart the bits that are in assembly, trying to
figure those out.  Does anyone know where I can get some good
information about the internals of the kernel?  Preferrably for free,
online, having no money for a $40 O'Reilly book. :(

Funny you should ask. A document on the VM came out a couple of days ago, should be of interest to you:
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/projects/vm/

--
Robin Y. Millette (aka Lord D. Nattor)
http://rym.waglo.com