Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 16:41, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 02:35:34PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> > Why are you attending youth group meetings?
>
> The church my family goes to has a youth group for teenagers.  My
> parents decided that I need to socialize with kids my own age, so they
> "suggested" (it was voluntary, but I figure resistance is futile) that
> I join.  So I did.  *shrug*

Is resistance truly futile? Perhaps you should resist and find out.

> > > "ISP? What's that?"  Someone seriously asked me that.  "Computer
> > > language?  You mean you're learning how to talk to computers?  How do
> > > you talk to them?" *sigh*  Those quotes from the future of
> > > America... *rolls eyes*
> >
> > It's not sufficiently cool to know things like that. Hence, they don't
> > know. When (if) they grow up and coolness loses its relevance, they'll
> > grow more knowledgeable in that area, at least to the degree of knowing
> > what an ISP is.
>
> Hmm... I hope so.  If not... *shudder*

Well, there will always be bums, but I suspect you won't have much
contact with them later in life, unless you're a police officer.

> > Amen. I'm glad at least some members of your gender have some degree of
> > sanity. :P
>
> *grin*  Yeah, well, my mom is trying to train me to be 'insane'
> (normal) like that.  Help! ;)  (HHOS)

She's not succeeding, is she?

> Hmm... about 50/50 here-- 50% verbal, 50% physical.  Still have a scar
> on my leg where a boy kicked me in 6th grade, in fact. :(

Ouch. Must have been pretty hard to leave a scar.

> > because physical attacks generally failed. ;) I was still quite shy,
> > though. Verbal abuse is much harder to defend against, and almost as
> > effective.
>
> Definitely.  You can duck a punch or throw someone off balance if
> they're kicking you; there's not much you can say to a bully that'll
> faze them, especially if you're not good at thinking on your feet
> (like me).

Try to lure bullies into close proximity with someone that's protective
of you, preferably someone with authority, like a teacher you're on good
terms with. Try to lead them all to the same individual every time. That
way, that one person will be an eyewitness (earwitness?) to a lot of
what you're taking, and your attackers are likely to get a firm
ass-kicking once your protector gets fed up with it.

> Besides, if you're bleeding, you at least have evidence that the
> person actually did something to you.  Just going to someone and
> saying "so-and-so called me stupid" (or whatever) doesn't have as much
> affect, you know?

All too well...

Alex.

--