Re: tech-ctte: Call for votes on TC membership of Elana and Sean

Hello Jonathan!

Jonathan Carter dijo [Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 08:30:11PM +0200]:
> 2. The last ctte update linked from
> https://www.debian.org/intro/organization is
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/03/msg00005.html,
> and it does indeed seem to be the latest appointment update.

Right, we should be keeping things up to date more often. I guess this
fell through the cracks :-|

> Personally I find it a bit strange that we don't announce the expired
> terms, or even that Margarita is now the chair. I think it's a
> high-profile enough team in Debian that we should be announcing these
> kinds of changes, so, I'm adding that to this email. If you think that I
> rather shouldn't, let me know and I'll gladly remove it again, or
> otherwise suggest a change.

Thanks for explicitly doing this!

> I also renamed "chairman" to "chairperson" as it has become the de facto
> designation in Debian, if you'd prefer I change it to something else or
> revert it, let me know.
> (...)
> Margarita Manterola is the current chairperson of
> the Debian Technical Committee.
>
> The Technical Committee now consists of:
>
>  * Margarita Manterola <marga> (chairperson)
> (...)

Please note the correct term we voted on in a GR is "chair", not
"chairperson":

    https://www.debian.org/vote/2016/vote_003

Greetings!