Re: tech-ctte: Call for votes on TC membership of Elana and Sean

Hello Jonathan,

I'm not presently a committee member, but fwiw I think this version
(mentioning both bugs) is fine to send out.  Thank you for your efforts.

A few brief comments inline.

On Mon 01 Jun 2020 at 11:24PM +02, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> Since the last appointment update for the Debian
> Technical Committee[1], the terms of Didier Raboud
> and Tollef Fog Heen have expired.
>
> Many thanks to both of them for their service.
>
> Margarita Manterola is the current chairperson of
> the Debian Technical Committee.

I agree with you that it is a good idea to mention these items within
d-d-a mail about new appointments, though I don't think it would be
worth sending a whole d-d-a mail if all that happened was a change in
chair or a term expiring.

The constitution does specifically use 'chair' not 'chairperson' and we
did have a vote on that, so that might be a reason to use that in
official mail like this one.

> The Technical Committee now consists of:
>
>  * Margarita Manterola <marga> (chairperson)
>  * Philip Hands <philh>
>  * David Bremner <bremner>
>  * Niko Tyni <ntyni>
>  * Gunnar Wolf <gwolf>
>  * Simon McVittie <smcv>
>  * Elana Hashman <ehashman>
>  * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>

Might be worth alphabetising by last name, with the possibly exception
of the chair.  Not sure.  Just thought I'd mention it.

--
Sean Whitton