Re: tech-ctte: Call for votes on TC membership of Elana and Sean

Hi David

On 2020/06/01 20:39, David Bremner wrote:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=961153 (Sean)
>

> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=961156 (Elana)
>
> I'm not sure if the footnote is needed [1] _inside_ the quotes, or if it
> relates to your surrounding discussion.

It's meant to be inside the quotes, since there's a reference to it
inside the quotes. Here's an updated version with the additional bug
also added:

"""
To: debian-devel-announce@...
Subject: New appointments for the Debian Technical Committee

Dear fellow developers,

As defined by our constitution (§6.2.2), the Debian
Technical Committee has recommended the appointment of:

 * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>
 * Elana Hashman <ehashman>

I am happy to follow their recommendation and hereby
appoint Sean and Elana as members of the Technical
Committee, effective immediately.

For reference, their nominations and votes are recorded at:

 * https://bugs.debian.org/961153 (Sean)
 * https://bugs.debian.org/961156 (Elana)

Since the last appointment update for the Debian
Technical Committee[1], the terms of Didier Raboud
and Tollef Fog Heen have expired.

Many thanks to both of them for their service.

Margarita Manterola is the current chairperson of
the Debian Technical Committee.

The Technical Committee now consists of:

 * Margarita Manterola <marga> (chairperson)
 * Philip Hands <philh>
 * David Bremner <bremner>
 * Niko Tyni <ntyni>
 * Gunnar Wolf <gwolf>
 * Simon McVittie <smcv>
 * Elana Hashman <ehashman>
 * Sean Whitton <spwhitton>

Task Description
- ----------------

The Technical Committee is established by the Debian
Constitution, section 6. It is the body which makes the
final decision on technical disputes in the Debian
project.

More info about the Technical Committee, including
recent decisions, discussion and advice, may be found
here:

 * https://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte

[1]
https://lists.debian.org/1521224077.296447.1305789200.53C43961@webmail.m
essagingengine.com

-Jonathan, Debian Project Leader
"""

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage