Re: please stop

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
> I'll add that the ctte is rubber-stamping Ian's wording, when that went
> *so* well last time.

I believe this issue is at least partly caused by the fact that the work
of the tech ctte has, for the last two years or so, been effectively
split between just two people: Ian is drafting resolutions, and Russ is
discussing with involved parties to better understand the situations. As
far as I can tell, the activity of the rest of the committee is
restricted to voting and the occasional presence at the IRC meetings.

I don't think anyone should be critized for that individually, the ctte
members are doing volunteer jobs like everyone else in Debian. However,
I think institutionally this is a bit of a problem, because this is not
how the ctte was intended to function.

Best,
-Nikolaus